World Scout Jamboree 2015
The 23rd World Scout Jamboree will be held in Japan during the Summer of 2015. Those in Scouting born between the 28th of July 1997 and the 27th of July 2001 are within the right age range to apply to attend.
Dartford have been allocated three places for the World Jamboree.
The selection process for the World Jamboree is as follows:
- An Information Session will be held at 8pm (prompt start) at the 9th Dartford Scout Hall on Thursday 12th September.
- At the information evening, application forms will be handed out to those interested in applying. The form will also be emailed to those unable to attend the information evening that have expressed an interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there are more than 20 applicants they will be invited to an interview at Scout House during mid to late September. Following the interviews 20 of the candidates will be selected to go onto the final Selection Weekend.
- Dartford District are able to send up to 20 applicants to the final Selection Weekend which is being held 4th to 6th of October.
- After the final Selection Weekend the successful candidates will be selected.
If you have young people in the right age range that want to be kept up with the selection process please ask them to email Gavin Jessup (email@example.com). For more information visit www.23wsj.jp.
Author: Matthew Gibson